silverdoefest is a community dedicated to the pairing of Severus Snape and Lily Evans. If you're a fan of the ship, please read the rules below.
About Silverdoe Fic Fest:
Silverdoe Fic Fest is a winter fic fest community that runs during the month of January. Members who participate are assigned a posting date for their contributions. The community is primarily for Severus/Lily fic, but for those who are more artistically inclined, we will also include a day dedicated to other art forms. This can include, but is not limited to, music videos, graphics, poems, fanmixes etc.
The goal is to have at least one fic per day for 30 days. The 31st day will be a “free for all day” for all our members who would like to post art. On your designated day, participants will have until 11:59 P.M. in their respective time zone to post. If you miss your day, don't panic! You can use the “free for all day” to post your story.
At the end of the fic fest badges will be given to all participants for their contributions. (If anyone would like to volunteer their artistry for these badges, please email either myself,justfab, or guerabella)
1. Fiction and art work of all ratings will be accepted. However, all entries must be clearly labeled and placed under an lj-cut. All entries should be entered as follows (or something similar):
Title: Author/Artist: Rating: Word Count: Summary: Disclaimer: *A/N: (optional)
2. Depending on the number of participants, some people may have to share their posting date. If you rather not share your date, please let the mods know and we'll see if we can accommodate you.
3. No all human AU's in which you have to introduce the readers to the characters. Ex: Severus is a loner wanted for a crime he didn't commit. Lily is a sympathetic FBI agent determined to help clear his name. While all humans AU's are fun to read and write, part of the magic of the ship is the world JKR created.
4. No flaming author's or each other. This community is a safe place for authors or artist and fans of Lily/Severus to share the love. I know everyone participating will respect each other, but I will also mention, no bashing other ships.
5. No posting out of your assigned day. If something comes up preventing you from posting on your day, contact your mods. We'll be more than happy to work something out. Also, remember the “free for all day” when anyone can post.
6. All fiction should be beta read. If you are unable to find a beta there are a few communities dedicated to helping writers find someone to beta their work. In addition, please feel free to reach out to your mods so that we can assist you with finding a beta. If all else fails, at least make sure your work is proof read. I understand typos are bound to happen and that's okay if they aren't excessive, but try and post work that is error free.
7. All work should be original. Again, I know this is a pretty obvious rule, but this should go without question. If you believe someone may have posted work that does not belong to them, please reach out to your mods immediately.
8. Please post all work to this community. The point of Silverdoe Fic Fest is to share our work with each other. Of course you can cross post on your own LJ, it's your work! But we'd like to also have all contributions in one place.
9. All fanmixes must include proper coding and cover art.
10. A prompt will be given on the posting assignment date (10/31). Usage of the prompt is optional.
11. Remember feedback feeds creativity. Everyone who participated put a lot of time, effort and creativity into their contributions. Let the artist know what you think!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact your mods justfab and guerabella or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Rules are subject to change at anytime at the discretion of your mods